Sweet, tangy, and just a bit spicy – this is one of my favorite combinations. All these amazing flavors come together perfectly in Coconut Shrimp, a popular restaurant appetizer. Make this healthier version of Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp with your handy Air Fryer that bakes items with a fraction of the fat of frying.
Air Fryer Cooking
An Air Fryer is a mini-convection oven. With an Air Fryer, foods get crispy on all sides, and this coconut shrimp is no exception.
GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer XL + 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book (Black)SUPER DEAL 1500W Electric Air Fryer with Rapid Air Technology Touch Screen 7 Cooking Presets Menu, Timer and Temperature Control, 3.7 QT
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Make this healthier version of the restaurant coconut shrimp appetizer. Your family will love the special treat.
- 16 oz large shrimp (about 16 to 20), peeled to the tail
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- spray can of olive oil
- Set the shrimp on a flat surface that is covered with paper towels.
- Pat the shrimp dry.
- Place the eggs in a shallow dish and whisk.
- Add Panko, coconut, and seasonings to a separate bowl. Mix to combine.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400F.
- Dredge each shrimp first in the egg mixture, and finally press it into the breadcrumb-coconut mixture to coat all sides.
- Air-fry the shrimp for 5 minutes. Plan to make 2 batches.
For Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup cherry or cranberry preserves
1 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp red pepper.
Mix all to combine.
Set the shrimp on a flat surface that is covered with paper towels.
Pat the shrimp dry.
Place the eggs in a shallow dish and whisk.
Add Panko, coconut, and seasonings to a separate bowl. Mix to combine.
Pre-heat the air fryer to 400F.
Dredge each shrimp first in the egg mixture, and finally press it into the breadcrumb-coconut mixture to coat all sides.
Bake shrimp for 5 minutes. Plan to make two batches.
Serve shrimp with dipping sauce.
Weight Watchers Freestyle – 5 points each serving of shrimp. Dipping sauce – 1 pt per tablespoon.
What’s your favorite Air Fryer recipe?
More Posts You Will Love
Refresh Your Faith.
Free Bible Journaling printables.
Peaceful daily time with Jesus.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- When You Have a Lot of Weight to Lose - April 19, 2018
- 10 Bible Verses of Hope for When You Have Physical Pain - April 16, 2018
- Behind the Scenes: Winter Won’t Die - April 15, 2018