Vegan/Paleo Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
This pudding is a weekly staple in our house. It is probably the quickest recipe I make and makes for a perfect mid day treat. It also helps that it is nutrient dense and filling from the chia seeds, so you can feel good about devouring it. The chia seeds become gelatinous when you place them in the coconut milk helping to make more of a creamier texture. It is a really versatile recipe. I’ve made several different flavors and the toppings for this are limitless so have fun with it!
*Note, if you want to change the flavor of this, just add a different extract or diced up fruit before placing it in the fridge*
- 2 (13.5 fl oz) cans of full fat coconut milk- light coconut milk will not work well in this recipe
- Heaping ½c of chia seeds- see picture below
- ¼c honey (or agave nectar if you are Vegan)
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- Pour all of the ingredients into a bowl. I have tried ¾c and 1c of chia seeds before and it becomes a dense blob of a mix, a heaping ½c seems to do the trick to making it the perfect consistency. Also, make sure your canned coconut milk does not have a full layer of cream on top. If it does, microwave it for a few seconds until it breaks back down to a liquid.
- Once all ingredients are in the bowl, whisk it together, cover and place in the fridge for at least 4hrs to overnight preferably. The chia seeds need at least 4hrs to do their magic and thicken up the pudding.
- Place in a bowl topped with fruit, nuts or some grain free granola and enjoy!
by Jen Pedri. Hi! I’m Jen, a pediatric Speech-language Pathologist by day and a Paleonista at-home chef by night. After years of battling health issues I decided to start eating Paleo/Primal in 2013. It has been by far the best decision of my life (beside adopting my dog and marrying my hubby). My health issues have greatly diminished and I have grown to absolutely love cooking without gluten and grains because of how amazing it makes me feel. I hope you enjoy my recipes as much as my family does!
Get a Free Bible Journaling Kit Now!
Journaling guide & reading plan give strong faith.